7.18.2010

camp mensch mill 2010

By now you all know about the important role Camp Mensch Mill played in my life. It was life changing. The friends I made as a counselor so many years ago are still some of my strongest relationships to this day. Saturday we whipped together a little reunion, kiddies and all. It was pretty much a perfect day, minus the gnats.

We started the day around 10 am with the Fream and Templin Ashford families...

Steph, Maeve, Noah, Cassidy and I testing out the new playset. Check out Cassidy's skills on the big kid swing!

Maeve, Paul, Sophie the dog, John, Amy, Cassidy, and Brian

Cassidy and Cora

Cassidy and Brian checking out the Lehigh cabin

getting ready for a "hike" around the pond

the snake that freaked out our "macho" husbands

view of the house from the back side of the pond

Cassidy, me, Cora, and Amy

Cora showing off her hiking skills with John


after lunch, Amy and Amelia joined in the fun

At one point Amy handed John a Tupperware filled with strawberries and blueberries. The girls attacked him like he had a bowl full of ice cream!


It was crazy hot so Brian and John blew up the baby pool. Here is an absolutely adorable threesome playing "Ring Around the Rosie". As well as a quick stop motion video below of when the mommies joined in...



after the pool was drawing under the tent (thanks Amy for bringing all the supplies!)

more cabin exploring

later in the afternoon, the star of show arrived, Miss Sadie!

proud parents, Kevin and Kelley


We had to head out around 6 o'clock before our little munchkin melted, but we were lucky enough to catch Erin, Matt, Courtney, Emilio, and Mikey on the way out!

It was such an awesome time and we've all decided we're going to rent the camp for a weekend every year so the kids will grow up knowing how special Mensch truly is. I can hear the giggles in the cabin now!

5 comments:

amy said...

karl just loaded my photos onto the computer, so i should have them posted this week sometime (maybe!) i had a great time, thanks for thinking of it!! let's start planning now....i think while they are still small, we may have to do something with fans or ac.....my child hates the heat!! definitely big pool next summer :) have a safe trip home!!

Ang said...

It looks like you guys had a great time, I wish we could have made it.
Definetly interested in a weekend next summer!

ZB said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Let me know when it's planned for next year. We'd love to come up and join in the fun. I can even bring some yarn for warm fuzzies!!

Jenn said...

Great pictures and what a wonderful time you had for a last minute deal! We would love to be able to come next time. I hate being so far away and missing these get togethers. It looks like the kids had a blast!
All of your pitures are beautiful AJ, and what a beautiful subject you have to photograph, the sunroom ones are awesome!

Joy said...

Great pictures, really wish we'd been there. Caroline and Evy would have loved playing with the girls. Wish I'd just let Evy nap in the car... I shouldn't be so committed to naps that it gets in the way of life!
Isn't Mensch so beautiful? I checked it out a bit on Saturday evening. Got to see Mikey and meet Barbara, which was nice.
Love you guys and hope so much to see you next time. I agree a weekend sounds great.

they're up!

Our pics from Monday are up!  Go here , click on "client ordering", enter your email with the password "amy".  Let me k...