
Jillian and Joe got us this awesome play gym thing from IKEA. Cassidy lies below and bats at the objects hanging in front of her. It's really cool to see how much she concentrates on connecting fist to object.


With Brian's first and only snow day this week, I managed to finally work on Cassidy's mobile. Mark and Amy had given us a "photo mobile" at my shower in October, so I created ten black and white images on the computer and hung them from the little clips. Cassidy's favorites are the ones of her mommy and daddy, of course. I can put her in her cradle now and she'll coo and talk to the mobile anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. Can you say breakfast time for mommy? She loves it!

Megan got Cassidy a set of board books called "Mini Masters" which she adores! I read the four of them to her multiple times a day and she listens very intently as she learns about Monet, Van Gogh, Degas, and Matisse. I had no idea an almost three month old would like books so much!
Mark and Amy got Cassidy this frog for Christmas. It's her new best friend. Whenever I give it to her, she smiles a huge toothless grin. She then proceeds to lick and slobber all over it's face. It's amazing to think that when they gave it to her, they were the same size!

Cassidy is also really into her "squish". Once you get her fingers around one of the wooden pegs or elastic strings she'll wave it all around and bring it up to her mouth to gnaw on. Can you see a pattern here?
She's also becoming more and more verbal all the time. Sometimes it's high pitched squeals, other times it's low, rumbling gurgles like this. She loves it when you mimic her. I think we're going to have quite the talker...


6 comments:
awww.... she's so cute. can you come back so i can see her again?
She's a drama queen (with the hand behind the head in the photo with the frog) and a talker....hmmm...that sounds a lot like her friend Cora!
loves to talk, there's going to be no stopping her, cora, and amelia when they get together!! amelia talks all the time! she makes this really funny growling sound..kind of sounds like "ET". i waiting for her first word to be "Elliot" by the way, where did you get that "squish" thing?
it's by manhattan toys. i know mason loves his too!
http://powscience.com/store/manhattan/skwishclassic.html
The mobile is awesome! I think you need to post a good shot of your self-sketch.
Oh - and that picture of Cassidy and her cheeks - too cute!!
I'm so glad Cassidy likes the play gym. And I love the picture of her holding the frog. See you guys tonight?
Post a Comment