11.05.2008

6 to go!

I am now 34 weeks along!  Phew!  Cassidy is probably around 5 pounds and 20 inches long.  All of her organs are formed except the lungs and she'll be gaining at least a half pound a week until the end.  Now that my cold is finally gone, I feel MUCH better.  I was starting to worry that the tiredness and achiness were just what the end of pregnancy felt like, but they left with my cold.  We finished our last Bradley Method class on Tuesday which is also very exciting.  After 12 weeks of three hour classes Brian and I feel confident we will be able to have a drug free birth.  We're going to pack our hospital bag this week, eeeeek!

34 week belly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better. Congrats on your Bradley class. We loved it. And Dave was totally the best husband in our class. A lot of the others acted like everything was gross, but not him! :)
Don't forget a little lip gloss in your hospital bag; people will take so many pictures of you. I also encourage you to eat as long as you can while you're in labor. Birth is like running a marathon(though usually about ten times longer than a marathon, since first time moms usually labor for 18-24 hours), so you need sustenance! Stuff like string cheese, whole wheat crackers work really well. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

you look awesome... only a few more weeks!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy...can you believe she'll almost be here? Newborn babies tend to sleep a lot - just broken up and mostly during the day and not the night....rest when she rests - that's the best advice I can give you! Also, I wanted to say that I'm sure you'll do great with the natural child birth method - my sister in law has done it with both of her children, but I did want to give a positive c-section experience (among all the bad ones you've probably heard...like all the ones I was told.) I was hoping for a natural as possible child birth, but it didn't happen that way for me and I was terrified of a c-section, but I have to say, I had one with Molly, and I recovered great! It became an emergency situaltion and they had an epidural in me quick as can be, and as I laid there awake, but numb, she was out to say hello within 10 min (probably not even that!) I was aware the entire time, and even asked for sutures (NOT staples) which is a huge plus - they dissolve, unlike the staples(ouch) and don't pinch when moving/dressing. Also, my incision is only about 3 inches across - very small.... I had slight tension and felt sore only at the incision site and only when transitioning from sitting, standing, laying down - once I was up and walking, or wherever I wanted to be - I was good to go...not to mention, no problems with going to the bathroom. I took a great shower the day after I had Molly, and went back to work on day 5 (had to) and I was doing steps (very carefully). Overall, I wish you all the best, I just hope that if things don't work out the way you plan (as it did for me) - don't be too worried - it probably won't be as bad as some have told you - you're healthy and in shape - you look great by the way! I had a great experience anyway you look at it - Molly arrived healthy and she's very happy. Although she didn't arrive the way we planned - she's here and we're so grateful every single day! Good luck with the next few days/weeks and please keep us posted! Wishing you all the best from Texas, Cindy Nicholas

they're up!

Our pics from Monday are up!  Go here , click on "client ordering", enter your email with the password "amy".  Let me k...