1.06.2012

4 months


Dear Molly May,

On December 26th, you turned four months old.  I know it's almost two weeks later, but things have been a bit hectic with the holidays, vacation, and wrapping up our bathroom renovation.

I know the above picture may say differently, but you are just the sweetest, most laid back baby ever.  I realize I say it all the time, but seriously!  We are head over heels smitten with you.  You are patient, soft, content, and snuggly.  There are many times when you are hanging out in your bouncer and I'll glance down at you and you'll be sitting there, waiting for me to make eye contact so you can flash me a big, sweet grin.  I looooooove it!  You're not stingy either, doling out those smiles for your Daddy, Beth, and of course, your big sister.  You've also become a big flirt, giving a goofy grin, burying your face in a shoulder, and repeating.  I could watch you all day long.

At your 4 month check up you were:
16 pounds and 7 ounces, and that is at the 90th percentile for weight,
25.75 inches, and that is at the 87th percentile for height,
and had a head circumference of 16 inches, and that is at the 29th percentile for head circumference.

You are quickly moving into 9 month clothing while wearing cloth diapers.  If you're in disposables, 6 month.  After your bath, right before this photo, Cassidy and Daddy gave you a mohawk.  It's a true mohawk too, since you no longer have any hair on the sides!  It's super cute and very stubborn.

Let's see, what tricks do you have?  You've rolled from belly to back a couple of times.  You haven't been super consistent with it, but you can hold your head up during tummy time for very long stretches.  You can also hold on to toys once placed in your hands and you immediately raise them to your mouth to chomp.

Speaking of chomping.  You may be in the beginning stages of teething, hard to tell.  You bring everything up to your mouth and your chin is always soaked with drool.  I can't tell if you'll be a thumb sucker or not.  You love to put your fingers and thumb into your mouth, but you don't favor one more than an another.  I guess only time will tell.

A few weeks ago your sleep started to become more and more interrupted.  I was worried we had begun the "four month wakeful" period, but it turns out it coincided with a nasty cold and since you've only woke once a night.  Halleluiah!  running to knock on wood...

You love to talk.  That is when your sister gives you enough air time to do so.  You're so loud!!!!  But once again, adorable.  You love your Sophie, butterfly clutching toy, a couple blankies, and seahorse, as well as, your swing and bouncer.

Well, big girl, that's all I can think of right now.  We need to start thinking about unswaddling and moving you to your own room, but I don't want to fix what's not broken...  You may be sleeping next to me until you're a teenager.  Just saying.

Love,
Mama and Daddy

No comments:

they're up!

Our pics from Monday are up!  Go here , click on "client ordering", enter your email with the password "amy".  Let me k...