2.28.2012

6 months, half a year already???


Dear Miss Molly May,

Eeeek!  Half a year?  WHAT?  It's so hard to balance the exciting new milestones you cover on a daily basis with the desire to keep you a baby as long as possible.  You really are the best little baby and I know we will really miss this stage.

So...  let's start with stats:

You are 19 pounds and 5 ounces, and that is at the 92th percentile for weight.
You are 28.75 inches, and that is greater than the 97th percentile for height.
You have a head circumference of 16.75 inches, and that is at the 44th percentile for head circumference.

That's my girl!!!  Go, go breastfeeding!  Speaking of food, this past week we introduced a little multi grain oatmeal.  Next up will be sweet potatoes, avocado, squash, and peas.  Yum!

You are chubby, chubby, chubby and we LOVE it!  You have a fantastic mowhawk, but the sides and back are filling in nicely.  Your hair is also lightening, looking blonder every day.  Your eyes seem to be turning greener, but are still very dark.  You're somewhere in between 9 month and 12 month clothing, depending on the item and whether you have on a cloth diaper or a disposable.  You've developed a little excema over the past month, but I think a lot of it has to do with the dry heat of winter.  It usually clears up nicely with some lotion.You still have those lovely, delicious cheeks that everyone likes to comment on.

You're still the most content baby I've ever known.  You love to just sit and watch what's going on.  Your favorite is of course, your big sister.  Cassidy can't wait until you guys can run around together in the back yard.  You've developed a little bit of "stranger danger" but it usually subsides within just a few minutes.  I believe this laid back nature is one of the reasons you're not too interested in rolling around.  But you have the greatest time hanging out in your exersaucer and bouncer.  I'm going to try to increase your tummy time on weekends, even if you're not thrilled with doing it.  You're great at sitting until you decide to "throw" yourself backward.  I'm not yet confident in leaving you alone sitting on the floor without one of us spotting you.

We used the Ferber Method this week to nip your declining sleep tendencies in the bud.  It took you almost a half an hour to fall asleep in your own room the first night.  You woke a few hours later, it took you 45 minutes that time, but you slept till 4:30 am and only cried for a few minutes before falling back out till 7:15.  The next night you went to bed without crying and slept the whole night through.  Baby rockstar!  I'm a little sad that you're no longer in my room, but it's what's best for everyone.  We've also started putting you to bed at the same time as Cassidy which is really nice for Daddy and I.

Your new sound is "ba ba ba" and you are a drool machine.  That first bottom tooth is about to join us any day now.  It doesn't seem to bother you all that much, but you stuff everything in your mouth to gnaw on.

One quirky characteristic: we've started calling you thumper.  I'm not sure if it's from using a bouncer or if it's so kind of self soothing technique, but you love to lift your legs in the air and slam them down, over and over again.  It's especially comical when you're wearing your sleep sack because you look like a mermaid flapping her tail.

I think that's everything?  You're still doing awesome at daycare and I love seeing your face light up when I come to pick you up each day.  Beth loves you so much and takes such great care of you and your sister.

Love you, baby!

Mama and Daddy

No comments:

they're up!

Our pics from Monday are up!  Go here , click on "client ordering", enter your email with the password "amy".  Let me k...