12.25.2009

christmas day

Cassidy woke up on Christmas morning her usual early bird self, but the best part about vacation with the grandparents is they happily cover the morning shift while Brian and I get to sleep in! Once we woke it was stocking time. Remember the beautiful stocking my mom knit for her last year? Just in case you don't...


Brian and I agreed early on we need to keep things simple; that the holidays are about family and not presents. So, we decided one big present and then stocking stuffers would be more than enough, but with a stocking that big, there's a lot of filling to do. Everyone made fun of me, but instead of cheap stuff, I filled her stocking with bowls, spoons, sippy cups, snack cups, and snacks. In the end I totally misjudged the size of the stocking and had too many stuffers. Oh well!


See? Bowls can be fun too! She's clapping so hard her hands disappeared!

And spoons? Can you say AWESOME?

Present opening lasted pretty much all day long due to arrival time of visitors and a pretty set nap schedule. Here is Grumpy and Cass taking a little break.

Cass's super cool, environmentally friendly stainless steel monkey water bottle.

When Cassidy woke from her morning nap it was present time with Uncle Shaun and RaRa.





Can you tell she likes books? She's actually kind of obsessed.

Thank you Grammy and Grumpy for a super relaxing Christmas we will always remember.

1 comment:

Joy said...

very cute Christmas day pics. and kudos on the present control- it's hard to do. I heard the idea to do three gifts per kid, as that's how many Jesus got(gold, frankincense, myrrh), so that's what we did. not to mention that they get a gazillion from grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc.

they're up!

Our pics from Monday are up!  Go here , click on "client ordering", enter your email with the password "amy".  Let me k...