Work itself is good. My sub was AWESOME and the transition back has been seamless. I missed the kids and they missed me, but I know for a fact that they were in really good hands and they made some great artwork along the way. Yay!
Daycare on the other hand has been quite the adjustment. The first two mornings were VERY stressful. Cassidy was screaming most of the time as I rushed around the house with her on my hip trying to pack us up for the day. Brian and I quickly figured out that almost everything has to be packed and ready to go the night beforehand so that I simply need to put Cass in the stroller and go. Brian's been an amazing help in the morning, giving me the first half hour to shower, get dressed, and eat as he changes and occupies Cassidy. Then while he's showering, I try get Cassidy to take a morning nap (this is essential!). When he comes back down he packs our bags for us and heads off to work. Then when she wakes, I change her one last time and we're off for the day. So far so good.
Daycare itself has also presented many challenges. Cassidy is refusing to eat a bottle from them, even though she's been using a bottle since three weeks old! Now my original plan was to visit only once a day, at lunch, to nurse and the rest of the day she would eat from a bottle. Well she has been absolutely miserable, crying hysterically. In fact, on Tuesday she was screaming so loud I could hear her crying from my classroom! I even left my students to go down and console her. Talk about heart wrenching!
So, now we've worked out a new plan. I am now going to come down twice a day to nurse. I think all of the changes were just too much for her, so I'm hoping to ease her into it a little bit more over the next few weeks. Today was our first try at this and she's already much happier. Maybe once she gets into the routine and gets to know them a little bit better, she'll be willing to eat a bottle from them. Let's hope so!
On a positive note, she's an absolute delight in the evenings and has been sleeping much better at night again. She's been giggling up a storm and has almost got the roll down.
Don't worry, we'll figure this out. Everyone tells me it takes a week or two, but eventually they actually look forward to daycare!
3 comments:
Hi Guys!!
don't worry it does get easier!! You both just have to be patience and it will all work out= it really is just an adjustment period. the best advice I can give is just try and be prepared and definitely get stuff ready the night before. Make your morning as simple as possibe!! Use my motto KISS=Keep it Simple (I'll leave off the last s). Hugs and Kisses to all
The Macs
I feel so bad for all of you - I just wish we were closer and could help more. I'm sure you'll all adjust in time - just think ahead to June and then you'll have all summer to work on it. Don't forget to use me if you need to - I still have vacation time left.
Love to all of you
You guys are my heroes for forging the path here. Just think, it'll be no time before Gus and Cass will be chatting cathies at daycare together, hangin out and havin fun. We really are lucky that they're right in the building, huh? Hooray for Hope High.
Post a Comment